Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reviews For "Broken Promises"





Broken Promises


By Jill
Format: Paperback
I enjoyed this book a great deal. It was very riveting and hard to put down; a real page-turner. It kept you guessing until the very end. I'm a huge fan of Donna, I have loved her children's book series, The Tayla books, and have read them all to my children. I was extremely excited when I heard she came out with her first novel. I was not disappointed. I'm looking forward to more of her novels!

Format: Paperback
This book is an excellent read. I could not put it down. Anyone who has ever been with or currently may have a problem with Alcohol/drugs or loves mysteries will find it very interesting and exciting. Don't pass this one up!

Format: Kindle Edition
An intriguing mystery by a promising new writer, BROKEN PROMISES tells a character-driven story that will keep you guessing until the very end.

Format: Paperback
This is my second time reading this book. I enjoyed both times reading. It's a very good read. It keeps you guessing until the end. It has a very good ending.

Format: Paperback
REVIEW:

I just finished one of the page turner's that I love to read. BROKEN PROMISES is a very enjoyable read. I didn't want to put the book down. The author writes of characters that are very true to life.

Clare, the main character is married to an alcoholic and abuser. They have one daughter and are financially strapped. They file for bankruptcy and decide to leave Ohio and go to Florida. Her husband has been in AA and rehab many times but her never fails to disappoint her. He can't stay sober for long. Claire discovers that you can't run away from your problems.. She has a lot to deal with, his drinking, infidelity, suicide attempts and his abuse. Claire finally leaves Jim and relocates after starting a business of her own. A real change of pace when two women are found murdered nearby and Claire finds a notebook with information about their murders. She wonders if Jim is more violent than she thought.. She loves her husband but can't keep tolerating the situation. The ending was quite a surprise and I never saw it coming. I believe the author was trying to convey a strong message about abuse. I applaud her for that. There is so much abuse these days. I would recommend this book to anyone. It's a slow paced read but very real life. Quote From Back Of Book: A SUSPENSE THAT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING

I would give this book 4 STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment