Sunday, September 20, 2015

Flowers in the Attic (Spoiler Review)

   I'm not real sure how I've never read this book when I was growing up as it was published in 1979, though I was only seven at the time. It wasn't until I was twelve that I had my nose stuck in Stephen King books, and joined his fan club to receive all his books each year.
   So, now that I have read the book and starting on book 2 in the series. I have to say WOW! I have so many different feelings about this book. 
   One: the mother will have to go. I hope that all bad things happen to her for what she did to her children. Money is not more important than your children. Greedy little B****. And finding out that she poisoned her own children. Poor Cory, who never got a chance at life. 
   Two: Grandmother can also join her daughter. Beating the children for speaking when not spoken to. Starving them for looking at each other. Not saying that is right, a brother seeing his sister naked, but I'm sure it's happened to many people. She can also join her daughter in the deepest part of the earth. The sex part, I could've done without, though I guess it was going to happen sooner or later, praying the future books will lead them to different people and a new beautiful life outside of their small family.
   So, I have to say the book was pretty good and will be watching the movie soon. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series and will also leave a review of what I think about them. Also, I think this is a great book for teenagers to read, especially if they think their life is so bad, they have no idea how free they are to do what they want and eat anytime they want, though I know not all children are privileged with this kind of life, and may not have a roof over their heads and food every day. That's not what I'm getting at. It's kids and teenagers like my daughter who think their life is so horrible with rules and groundings that God for bid she can't have her phone for a day or longer. These kids in my eyes wouldn't have made it an hour back when we were kids. I'm so glad I had the childhood I had and was able to enjoy the out doors and not sitting inside on a cell phone texting friends when there's so much more they could be doing! The eighties to me, were the best! 
   So, I'm ending this with a link to the book on Amazon for those of you who have not read the book yet, and hope I haven't ruined it as there were spoilers in my review. I'm sure that there are many who haven't read the book, but I do suggest you do read it! It was really good, and worth reading.


                     http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CLYL2Q

No comments:

Post a Comment