Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review from BOOKPLEX


Not Forgotten


Not Forgotten is 334 pages of twists and turns that delight the reader to the very end. Donna M. Zadunajsky caught my attention from the very first chapter. I could not put this book down once I started it and finished it in one reading. I look forward to reading more works from this author.

        We all have events in our life where we are not sure of exactly what is truth and what is cover up. When Deanna returns to her childhood home, she finds out that those she trusted in her youth have been keeping a very big secret from her. The questions start after her sister and her son are in a car accident and admitted into the emergency department.  There she meets a doctor that reminds her of someone from her past. This should not be possible.

        As Deanne starts asking questions, bad things start happening. She is notified that one of her friends has been murdered and then she receives a note that if she does not leave, she will be next. Old memories and new stresses are making her feel like she is imagining things that are not there. With the help of a friend, she is starting to put the pieces together. Will her family pull together or will they be torn apart once this big secret is revealed?

        I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars. This is because of some formatting issues and some grammatical errors. It seemed that on every page there was a page break in the middle of a sentence. While this did not take away from the story, it was annoying. I would and am still planning on recommending this book to my friends. I found it to be a very good read.

        Donna M. Zadunajsky is a great beginning author. Every time I felt like I had the story figured out, there was a new twist to boggle my mind. I was not prepared for the last twist and it totally threw me for a loop. I can safely say,  “I did not see that one coming”.

No comments:

Post a Comment